Monday, May 17, 2010

Easy Burlap Memo Board

I wanted to share this memo board I made, inspired by this cute gal.  I found a regular old cork bulletin board at Wallyworld on clearance for $5.  I had some old green burlap lying around from 6 years ago when I was in college, and stretched and used trusty glue gun to glue it around the back.  Then I did the same thing with the ivory ribbon.  Then I tied the bow and glued that on the top.  I love the textured look of the burlap and the feminine-ness (making up words here) of the satin ribbon.

I made the flower push pin by glueing some dollar store flowers and a jewel type button from JoAnns, and then hot glued it onto an extra large pushpin. (I think I will change out my pushpins with the seasons, this one will be for spring/summer.) I put a dot of glue in the center where the ribbons overlap for stability. I like being able to tuck photos, important mail, recipes, etc in there.  Also, it's hard to tell, but I have some gift cards hanging  on the bottom ribbon.  I really enjoy having my things organized prettily over my Mac.  How do you organize your desk pretties?

3 comments:

  1. That's so cute! I love it. The burlap gives it such a cool look!

    I can't wait to see your framed mirror!

    Good luck!
    Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your burlap board turned out fabulous! Thank you for sharing it with me. :) I love seeing how other bloggers incorporate their own style into a project.
    Blessings!
    Traci

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this. My problem is that I don't organize my desk. Thanks for the great idea!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time.